- Aerate the lawn by spiking to reduce compaction
- Place conservatory plants outside now that
it is warm
- Water hanging baskets and container-grown
- Deadhead bedding plants and perennials, to
ensure they keep flowering
- Plant autumn-flowering bulbs as soon as possible
- Treat apple scab, particularly if it was
a problem last year.
- Clear blanket weeds and algae from ponds,
and keep them topped up with water.
- Lift, divide and replant flag irises in borders
- Start trimming hedges and give them a feed
with a general fertiliser.
- Pick tomatoes regularly, remove side shoots
and keep stems supported.